Mac Pro system freezing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chinny
Mac Pro system freezing
on Oct 10, 2006 at 9:39:48 am

hi,

I have a mac system
(macpro 2.66, aja kona-lhe : slot 3, sonnet sata e4p : slot 4, os 10.4.7, fc studio 5.12 and 1 gig ram)
Actually, It was 2 gig ram but, I removed the 1 gig ram because the system performance was not good.
1 gig ram was stable.
the problem is when I captured the source, my mac system freezed.
I tried everything I can do, but, I don't know what the problem is.
Sonnet said that sata e4p card supports max 2.5 gig ram, and I installed 3.1 version of kona-lhe and it had nothing to do with 2 gig ram limit issue.

your advise would be helpful.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Mac Pro system freezing
on Oct 10, 2006 at 6:51:32 pm

How many ports do you have active on your card?

From the Sonnet website:

"Tempo SATA E4P is now compatible in Mac Pro computers running Mac OS X, but its functionality is limited to supporting one port. Full funcionality, including port multiplier support and system software RAID are supported through this single port. The software driver for the Mac Pro may be downloaded here. Sonnet is working urgently to deliver 4-port capability and will post new software when ready. Check this page for further updates."

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/tempo_sata_e4p.html#compatibility

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 10, 2006 at 11:09:34 pm

Chinny -
Sonnet only got their drivers working yesterday. Did you load new drivers today ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

chinny
on Oct 12, 2006 at 10:25:01 am

Thank you for the information.
I tested with new driver and a couple of storages(Fusion 400 and Fusion 500). Unfortunately, It didn't work.
The funny thing is Fusion 400 could capture the source but, captured file was damaged. And, Fusion 500
didn't work at all and killed the Macpro system. And funny thing is AJA Kona system test couldn't indicate read/write figure.

I think "Meaning a 4 port controller has one port that is compatible with Mac Pro" means Fusion 500 and sata e4p. But, this model has more serious problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]