FORUMS: list search recent posts

using Kona LH with a betacam SP deck

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hopalongmedia
using Kona LH with a betacam SP deck
on Sep 28, 2006 at 9:50:31 pm

Hi, I'm trying to output a spot from Final Cut Pro through my Kona LH to a Sony UVW-1800 Betacam SP deck. I'm going component and it appears I don't have sync.

Do I need a Black burst generator for this to work, or does the Kona provide this from the ref loop.

I know this is probably a stupid question and I appreciate the time it takes to respond.

Thanks,

David

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: using Kona LH with a betacam SP deck
on Sep 28, 2006 at 10:29:56 pm

It's not funny anymore responding with my hysterical "I will kill you" rants about this subject.

So the answer is YES, you do. The Kona Reference IN is an INPUT. It needs black from a black generator, like a Horita BSG-50, just like the REF Video IN. Before eating dinner this evening, order a black generator. If you have to go to the bathroom first - hold it in, and order a black generator first. The Kona will not provide anything to lock up your Beta 1800. If you want that blue stop light to stop flashing, if you want the ERR-093 NON STD REF to go away, if you want the NON STD REF error to go away, order the black generator. And no, you cannot order the cheaper Horita BG-50. And no, you cannot use the Grass Valley Sync Generator on ebay for $25 "Buy Now" that has sync, subcarrier and blanking outputs, but no color black output. And get a 75 ohm BNC terminator when you place your order, because you need to terminate your inputs.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
Re: using Kona LH with a betacam SP deck
on Sep 29, 2006 at 3:20:16 am

hey Bob

WE are using that configuration, and we actually did a couple of layoffs to Beta sp without a ref to the kona, ,and other than the error message and watching the video "float" on the output of the deck, the recordings seemed fine.

We were also doing this with edit and media 100

dont get me wrong, i think having a black generator and feeding stync to everything is the way to go, but i think hopalong can go to the bathrrom first! just order the thing between the bathroom and dinner.

bee eph

BTW we loop black from the generator to the composite video in of the UVW, then loop from there to the ref in on the uvw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]