FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Durisdeer
Audio
on Sep 28, 2006 at 10:17:51 am

I've just got a Kona 3, so this may be a bit of a newbie question..

I'm trying to get audio to and from a PAL digibeta. I can change the settings on the Kona control panel, which gives me a choice of AES/EBU (XLR) or embedded 1-8 or embedded 9-16. However, I can't seem to change the setting in FCP that allows me to switch to 'un-embedded' audio - the capture preset settings only allow for 48khz or 96kHz 24-bit 16-channel... so whenever I digitise, it's bringing 16 channels of audio in, of which 14 are useless.

Laying back to the digibeta is no problem, as I can control the SDI embedded outputs from FCP - although I'd like the option of using XLR here also, and can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Robbie Allen
http://www.lobsterpictures.tv

Mac Pro 2x2.6GHz
G-Raid 1TB FW800
FCP 5.1

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Audio
on Sep 28, 2006 at 5:22:54 pm

Click the clip settings tab of your log and capture window and turn on/off audio tracks there.

Return to posts index

Durisdeer
on Sep 29, 2006 at 9:15:43 am

It's greyed out, so I can't. if it's looking at a DV source, it's greyed out on '2', if it's looking at Kona, it's greyed out on '16'

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Sep 29, 2006 at 2:22:47 pm

There should be little green dots with audio waveforms. Light green means the track in on, darker green means the track is off. You can also select stereo or dual mono here by linking or unlinking the little chain. Don't worry about the greyed out number.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Durisdeer
on Sep 29, 2006 at 2:31:54 pm

Hurray. Thankyou. I'd assumed those were audio monitoring lights, as they are elsewhere in FCP. I'm a bit new to FCP (Avid user for years) but prefer it already...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]