FORUMS: list search recent posts

weired problem with knoa-lhe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chinny
weired problem with knoa-lhe
on Sep 26, 2006 at 2:00:13 am

hi,

I have my mac quad 2.5 systems with knoa-lhe, I found something weired.
Sometimes, when I open the "kona control panel", it said there is no kona card and of course not working.
But, it is working well as long as I check out the cables and reboot the MAC system.
This symptom occurs frequently, but I have no idea why this happens.
Is this board problem or something else?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: weired problem with knoa-lhe
on Sep 26, 2006 at 2:16:13 am

Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the LHe and only the LHe? If so, uninstall and reinstall the drivers and make sure they are for the LHe and not the Kona 2 or Kona 3.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Sep 26, 2006 at 3:11:34 pm

This could also be a faulty card. You should re-seat the card and make sure it is secured in the slot. If it persists, you should contact AJA and have them send you another board. They are fantastic about that, the customer service is excellent.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Sep 26, 2006 at 3:32:59 pm

I hear ya David, but if you look at the post from AJA Sales Department announcing the new 3.1 drivers, there's a line in there that sounds exactly like what Chinny is experiencing:

"As of Version 3, AJA provides separate installers for each board that only install the board-specific driver for a given KONA board. Please ensure that you use the correct installer for the KONA model present in your system. If you install the wrong software, the KONA Control Panel will report

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Sep 26, 2006 at 4:32:52 pm

You're right Jeremy. THe problem I am describing is usually an "out of the box" type issue.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

chinny
on Sep 27, 2006 at 1:33:34 am

you mean I need to download and install version 3.1?
Currently, I am using version 2.01

"As of Version 3, AJA provides separate installers for each board that only install the board-specific driver for a given KONA board. Please ensure that you use the correct installer for the KONA model present in your system. If you install the wrong software, the KONA Control Panel will report

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:20:31 pm

Make sure you're running FCP 5.1 before you jump to Kona 3.1. If you're running 5.0.4 like I am, 3.1 is useless to you right now.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:21:10 pm

[chinny] "I have to remove the analog cable and reboot the system to run the kona card. could it be the clue?"

Yeah, that's weird. Call AJA. David's suggestion of a faulty board is probably right on the money.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]