FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 & AJA LA together

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moonrabbit
Kona 3 & AJA LA together
on Sep 25, 2006 at 10:59:39 pm

I'm trying to run a Kona 3 and IO LA combined on the same new (Intel based)Mac. By the way it screams! But let me digress..

I couldn't get FC to recognize the LA in Easy Setups until I had loaded the newest driver from AJA.

Now the LA works great, but the Easy Setup menu in FC doesn't have the KONA 3 setups anymore.

I don't want to reload the Kona drivers and find that the LA's are gone again. We have a project due at the end of the week in analog.

We still mainly shoot and deliver Beta SP at this time, however we are slowly archiving HDV footage on to the media drives via firewire, and we will soon be adding a Sony XDCAM HD in to the mix next month or so.

We will always need to have an analog option for our clients who still are not converting at this time.

We were told by the dealer the KONA card would help with rendering and to playback HD footage through our HD monitor.

I was told by AJA that the combination of KONA and LA would work on the same machine.

Right now it's not...

Anyone got any experience with this? Solutions?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona 3 & AJA LA together
on Sep 25, 2006 at 11:37:01 pm

Now the LA works great, but the Easy Setup menu in FC doesn't have the KONA 3 setups anymore.

I don't want to reload the Kona drivers and find that the LA's are gone again

REPLY -
reload the AJA Kona 3 drivers. You won't lose your AJA I/O LA drivers. Everything will work. Load them from the http://www.aja.com website, not the CD that came with your AJA Kona 3.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Don Wilson
on Sep 26, 2006 at 7:42:24 pm

Again, Bob's right. I use the Io and Kona 3 all day everyday together and it rocks. Get the newest drivers from the website as Bob suggested. I run the Io via it's control panel and the Kona via FCP for updonverting etc. I too run the Mac Pros and the growing pains are starting to fade.

Don Wilson
AmericanaMediaInc.com

Return to posts index

moonrabbit
on Sep 26, 2006 at 9:18:49 pm

Thank you. Everything worked fine today when I loaded the new drivers. Both interfaces are working great together. It's amazing how fast everthing is now. Overall the machine ROCKS, but you're right there's still some growing pains.

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:24:09 pm

When I stop reading messages like this, I'll buy a MacPro :)
Been through enough growing pains in the Cinewave days with new Macs.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]