FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MediaBox
New Kona LHe
on Sep 23, 2006 at 2:19:13 am

Hi All, I'm putting together a new system with a new Mac Pro 3.0 and Kona LHe. I'm having to utilize (until we decide on a new SAN) an existing Huge Systems media vault dual max with 1.2 Tb of storage for the raid. This is from an old Cin

Return to posts index

chrispy
Re: New Kona LHe
on Sep 23, 2006 at 8:12:00 am

Hi John Major,

You're not the ex-British Prime Minister aren't you ? Hee hee...

I don't think you'll need anything else other than what you already have. Just make sure you download the latest driver v3.1 from AJA website and there is a new firmware for the Mac Pro (see post further down) that fixes 2GB RAM issue. Get used to the Kona Control Panel especially on the donwconversion part but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it.

Come back here if you run into any issues.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

rarudio
on Sep 23, 2006 at 8:57:50 am

Hi Chris and John,

Does the UL5D (together with the new MacPro Firmware update) work with the MacPro now? A few weeks ago, when i got my UL5D and tried to install it to the MacPro, it gave me error message. Talked to AttoTech and they said they have a Beta driver that I can try... but I had to reformat my array (which of course I refused coz I have a lot of data in it).

Return to posts index

MediaBox
on Sep 23, 2006 at 2:52:45 pm

Hi Raruido, I just installed the most current UL5D driver (Mac OS X 10.4.x ExpressPCI Driver v3.60) and it seems to work just fine and I didn't need to reformat. (However I will be anyway)

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 23, 2006 at 7:31:19 pm

you will probably have to update the Firmware in your HUGE array. PLEASE call HUGE Support to discuss this with them.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

MediaBox
on Sep 24, 2006 at 2:39:00 am

Good thought Bob. Thanks for the tip.

John Major

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]