FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Pro EFI updates fixes Kona...and ATTO?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fergush
Mac Pro EFI updates fixes Kona...and ATTO?
on Sep 21, 2006 at 5:58:25 am

Hi,

A note on AJA's site says that along with the new 3.1 driver, the Mac Pro EFI update from Apple is needed to fix the 2 GB RAM limitation:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macpromid2006efifirmwareupdate10.htm...

ATTO cards have (had?) the same 2 GB limitation. Does anyone know if that's also fixed by Apple's EFI update?

Regards,
fh

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Mac Pro EFI updates fixes Kona...and ATTO?
on Sep 21, 2006 at 3:47:13 pm

Hello,

You will also need our latest v3.1 driver, which is available on our website for your particular KONA card. Not sure how this firmware update affects the ATTO...

Thanks,

--
AJA Video Systems
(530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Sep 21, 2006 at 4:00:31 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "You will also need our latest v3.1 driver, which is available on our website for your particular KONA card. Not sure how this firmware update affects the ATTO..."

so far so good,
running the new Version 3.1 software, updated boot rom, and I am running a ATTO 4es card with a K3 and 4 gigs of ram installed on a 3GHZ MacPro- it has not crashed yet and the machine is rendering properly (running the Nvidia 7300 graphics card)

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

fergush
on Sep 21, 2006 at 4:07:05 pm

No kidding?! Wow, that's great news. Did you have problems with the ATTO card before the EFI update? I just spoke with ATTO and while they knew the EFI update was out, they didn't have any hope that it would fix their problem. They said a new ATTO driver from them would be needed. From your experience it sounds like they might be wrong. I wonder if our friend in Australia has tried it yet:

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=98&postid=8...

I do like that AJA seems to be very well connected to Apple. Clearly, they knew about the EFI update before it was released and that's great.

regards,
fh

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Sep 21, 2006 at 8:49:09 pm

[fergush] "I do like that AJA seems to be very well connected to Apple. Clearly, they knew about the EFI update before it was released and that's great. "

Isn't great to know that there are companies out there that still believe in customer support and service. I have a Mac Pro system being built by the fine folks at ProMax. They caught the error before shipping and got the update from Apple and the new Kona drivers BEFORE they shipped my system. Isn't that AWESOME!

GREAT JOB!!!

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com

Return to posts index

Don Wilson
on Sep 22, 2006 at 10:42:49 pm

ATTO UL5D in my Mac Pro with Kona 3 crashes over 2 gig of ram. Sometimes it took an hour or so but it does. Reverted back to 2gig. Atto says they're in testing on a new driver and will post on their confusing site.

Don Wilson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]