FORUMS: list search recent posts

Definitive encoding instructions

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Out and About
Definitive encoding instructions
on Sep 20, 2006 at 5:47:33 pm

I know bits and parts have been addressed in these forums, but is there a simple settings to export high quality video, when working with a variety of formats. I use DV (imported via firewire) BETA (imported via Component) and BETA SX (imported via SDI) using the LH Kona board in FCP. I would like and have the space to export 8 bit, but am confused on settings with the Beta (component) and DV (firewire) formats within the FCP timeline and export options. How do I use all of these formats in one piece and export to DVD and Beta in the Highest quality (8 or 10 bit) Any help clarifying and hopefully simplifying this process would be greatly appreciated.

-W

Return to posts index

uncompressed
Re: Definitive encoding instructions
on Sep 21, 2006 at 12:28:32 am

use the highest common denominator. ingest and transcode to that setting. in this case, 8 bit uncompressed SD is fine. run the DV in via Kona and not firewire for realtime transcoding. bam, done.

Return to posts index

tony salgado
on Sep 21, 2006 at 7:50:24 am

You will need SDI out out of the DV deck in order to transcode on the fly via the Kona to 8 bit.

Unless you need uncompressed for color correction or effects no need to do this for dv material unless or course you are mixing other formats such as beta and beta sx etc and want to seek out a common codec and frame size to work at.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

Out and About
on Sep 22, 2006 at 6:26:43 pm

Thanks for your reply I guess I understand the DV aspect and converting to 8 bit, but am still confused on settings within FCP's timeline and export. 1. Can I ingest Beta SP (component) using aja's 8 bit uncompressed setting? 2. If my timeline is setup as uncompressed 8 bit, how do I transcode DV video to play on that timeline? 3. When exporting to DVD studio can I just use the uncompressed 8 bit setting from timeline? How about exporting to tape Beta SP(component)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]