FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software not taking control of Kona LH - no video coming out

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Smith
Software not taking control of Kona LH - no video coming out
on Sep 19, 2006 at 12:46:50 pm

Good morning everyone,

I'm not getting any "Kona card in use by........" messages in my Kona control panel and can't figure out why. The one exception is when I set the Control pane to Macintosh Desktop, I do get the ".... in use by Mac Desktop message in the Format Pane. The card is sending test patterns out to my monitor as usual, but not passing any video from Final Cut, where I'm using the same Easy Setup that has always worked before.

When the Control Pane is set to Input Passthrough or to Hold Last Application, the monitor is just getting garbage and the Format Pane does not report any "in use by....."

I probably just got up on the stupid side of the bed and am missing something totally obvious..... can someone knock some sense my way please?

System details in profile.

Many thanks!
David

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Software not taking control of Kona LH - no video Passing Through I mean
on Sep 19, 2006 at 2:06:18 pm

More correctly, no video is getting through the Kona card from Final Cut. As mentioned in the first post, I can see test patterns and I can see the Mac desktop when the Control Panel is set to Macinstosh Desktop.

I have reseated and restarted. Shut down the whole system and restarted..... no change.

Return to posts index

chrispy
Re: Software not taking control of Kona LH - no video Passing Through I mean
on Sep 19, 2006 at 3:14:47 pm

Change it to Test Pattern and you should be able to see the video coming out from FCP. You also need to make sure that you have set the correct Video Playback in FCP Audio & Video Settings.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Software not taking control of Kona LH - Simple Fix
on Sep 19, 2006 at 4:14:09 pm

Thanks for your response Chrispy.

Silly me, it was indeed a simple setting issue. I forgot to check the View>External Video setting in FCP, which likes to reset itself to "Off" sometimes when you change setups. Thanks to Rudy at AJA support for pointing that out. Since no video was coming out of Final Cut, it didn't take control of the Kona card.

I should post a Clintonesque sign above my desk.... "It's the VIEW MENU stupid!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]