FORUMS: list search recent posts

T-Tap with 2018 MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt 3 port

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith roberts
T-Tap with 2018 MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt 3 port
on Sep 15, 2018 at 4:09:44 pm

I am connecting my T-Tap to a 2018 MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. AJA Control Panel says 'Unsupported AJA Device' and I don't get video out of Avid. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the AJA driver. I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6 and Media Composer 2018.9.

I think the T-Tap is maybe a Thunderbolt 1 device? But I read that the adapter I have will work with Thunderbolt 1.

Anyone running this setup?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
Re: T-Tap with 2018 MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt 3 port
on Sep 24, 2018 at 7:10:14 pm

I am using a T-tap with an iMac Pro. Coming out of the Thunderbolt 3 port, into an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, then into the T-tap. Loaded the latest AJA software and the T-Tap gives me video out of both the SDI and the HDMI without any issues. It sounds like you need that Thunderbolt3 - to Thunderbolt 2 cable.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 18, 2018 at 5:37:17 pm

I just ran the exact combination that Scott is describing this morning ! 10/18/2018
new iMac Pro - T3 to T2 adaptor cable from Apple. T2 cable into AJA T-Tap. macOS 10.13.6. Current AJA driver download from the http://www.aja.com website.
SDI out from T-Tap into Flanders Scientific monitor. Without even running any software, color bars
appear on the monitor.

bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

keith roberts
on Oct 22, 2018 at 5:44:18 pm

Thanks for the responses, guys. It ended up being something in High Sierra not allowing the system to see the T-Tap. I talked to Apple tech support and they had me delete a bunch of cache files and other things from my Library folder and now everything is working fine.

Keith

Return to posts index

Chi-Ho Lee
on Mar 9, 2019 at 7:45:02 pm

I'm in the same boat. If you can elaborate on your solution, I'd appreciate it. I called Apple tech support and they were no help. Thanks!

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
http://www.chiholee.com

Return to posts index

keith roberts
on Mar 10, 2019 at 5:12:27 pm

I don't have a list of everything I deleted and where it lived. I just followed along with Apple Tech Support. I was on the phone with AJA a couple of times and Apple a couple of times. I think it's just a matter of getting lucky and talking to someone who knows what they are doing. But mentioning that deleting some cache files and files in the Library folder allowed High Sierra to finally see the T-Tap, might get them in the right direction.

Keith

Return to posts index

Chi-Ho Lee
on Mar 10, 2019 at 5:15:23 pm

I actually sorted it out. In Apple's infinite wisdom, they blocked my system from downloading the firmware. I had to go to the privacy system and allow my iMac to download from AJA as a trusted developer or whatever wording they used. What should've been a 15min process took about 90mins to sort out. It's ridiculous. But thanks for your reply.

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
http://www.chiholee.com

Return to posts index

keith roberts
on Mar 10, 2019 at 5:27:39 pm

Ah, something like that sounds familiar. I should have written down more details at the time, but the whole process was a bit messy and frustrating. Glad you got it sorted out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]