FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA KI Pro Quad

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
AJA KI Pro Quad
on Oct 31, 2015 at 12:33:14 am

I'm looking for an external recorder which I can use with my current camera (Sony EX1R, with 10-bit SDI 1920x1080 output), as well as with my "next" camera, which will certainly be 4K. I do not have a definite purchase window for the 4K - it might be a year out.

In today's video world, "future proofing" is a problematic concept. Could you recommend the AJA KI Pro Quad? Or another device which is HD only, but much less expensive?

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: AJA KI Pro Quad
on Oct 31, 2015 at 3:05:48 pm

[Bob Cole] "In today's video world, "future proofing" is a problematic concept. Could you recommend the AJA KI Pro Quad? "

Honestly, there has been little or no advancement on the KiPro product line for more than 2 years.

I would be looking at products that have been regularly updated such as the devices from Atomos and Convergent-Design have been.

I personally prefer having the monitor as an integral part of the recorder, eliminating the need to mount a secondary device on the camera, and having the ability to use standardized media rather than something proprietary has fiscal advantages too.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
on Dec 9, 2015 at 7:16:05 pm

Bob,

Did you ever find a solution that fit your needs?

Bryce Arroyo
Maxx Digital
714-374-4944
bryce@maxxdigital.com

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Dec 9, 2015 at 9:51:54 pm

I haven't bought one yet, but the Atomos seems the likeliest bet.

I decided to wait until buying a new camera, as that will influence the decision as to which item to buy, or whether to buy one at all.

Thanks for asking.

Bob C

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
on Dec 9, 2015 at 10:11:01 pm

Sounds like the best way to go. What type of camera are you looking to buy and what are you shooting? Would love to help you with pricing and finding the exact camera and maybe even the atomos or aja product within your budget.

Bryce Arroyo
714-374-4944
bryce@maxxdigital.com

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
on Jan 11, 2016 at 8:30:51 pm

Bob,

Did you ever get a new camera? Would love to chat, atomos came by our office a couple weeks ago and they have some great stuff coming out if you havent heard about it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]