FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quad kipro and c500

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank tourv
Quad kipro and c500
on May 14, 2014 at 3:52:28 am

Question on the canon c500 external feed - it can record up to 120fps from what i read, however kipro says 60p is its max recording speed - does this mean i cant record over 60p? Sadly i dont have my hands on a c500 until very close to the shoot... - i have only used minikipro in the past, never tried a quad kipro.

One thing though - The c300, which i know well - does 60p slowmo ''internally'', so when we took the files out of the sd cards it was a slowed 23.976 - we did not have to slow it down with cinema tools or premiere interpret footage. So if the c500 records 120fps 4k, slows it down to 24 then shoots it out via the SDI - then quad kipro will be fine.

Perhaps this is more a question to canon then to aja, but maybe you guys know the answer. thanks

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Quad kipro and c500
on May 14, 2014 at 2:46:00 pm

[frank tourv] "Question on the canon c500 external feed - it can record up to 120fps from what i read, however kipro says 60p is its max recording speed - does this mean i cant record over 60p?"

If it says it can only record 60p that is the max frame rate you will be able to record regardless of what the camera can do. As you stated you can record internally then use the camera as the output device to send a 24p signal to the Quad.

Codex is the only external recorder that supports 120fps external recording in 4K as far as I know.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 30, 2014 at 2:20:06 pm

the Ki Pro Quad will record 60P 4k with dual link from the C500. The 500 will only do 60P in 4k. The 120 frame rate on the 500 is only available in 2k mode as far as I know.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 30, 2014 at 3:08:16 pm

[Mark Smith] "the Ki Pro Quad will record 60P 4k with dual link from the C500"

Mark the max frame rate in 4K is 30p.

60p is possible but not at max resolution.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 30, 2014 at 4:04:48 pm

Duh - you're right . I'm confusing the capabilities of the Ki pro quad with my 7Q which when ever the code boys catch up to the marketing people over at convergent will have higher frame rate capabilities.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]