FORUMS: list search recent posts

ki pro drive not recognized by iMac w 10.9.2

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
ki pro drive not recognized by iMac w 10.9.2
on Mar 15, 2014 at 2:04:08 am

800 to 800 firewire cable with or without power supply to ki pro drive. Two different computers. Same interconnect with portable g-drive is recognized. Ki pro drive is fine plays back footage in Ki Pro.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: ki pro drive not recognized by iMac w 10.9.2
on Mar 15, 2014 at 3:35:16 pm

[Craig Alan] "800 to 800 firewire cable with or without power supply to ki pro drive"

The KiPro drives need to have external power when used with the Apple TB> firewire adaptor.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 15, 2014 at 5:05:16 pm

I gave it external power. I was not using the thunderbolt port but 800 to 800 firewire cable. I brought the drive home with me and it worked on my Mac Pro also with 10.9.2. So it's not the OS. Now the iMacs at work were using the thunderbolt port with a pegasus raid. Just the same, I've had no problems connecting other firewire devices to the same IMacs. Under 'about this mac' system report>firewire it reported an "unknown" device was hooked up but it did not appear in disc utility nor in the finder.

KI-STOR250-RO Rev C

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 15, 2014 at 11:14:25 pm

[Craig Alan] "Under 'about this mac' system report>firewire it reported an "unknown" device was hooked up but it did not appear in disc utility nor in the finder."

Thanks for the update Craig

Then it sounds as if the FW port has been damaged, you will be able to extract the files from the drive via ethernet when it is attached to the KiPro,

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 16, 2014 at 5:26:53 pm

Well the port is not damaged on the iMac since the iMac works with other drives. And it is not damaged on drive since the drive worked on my Mac Pro at home. It also did not work on another iMac of the same vintage. So something is amiss but not sure what. Since it connected on the Mac Pro I copied the files to a portable drive. Nice to know I can also connect via ethernet. Did they ever add firewire support to the Ki Pro itself. There was talk of that a while back. Been a while since I updated anything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]