FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compatibility with Sony F5

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Miller
Compatibility with Sony F5
on Mar 11, 2014 at 3:13:54 pm

I know that the Ki Pro supports LANC. I know that Sony F5 uses 8 pin Hirose. What I don't know is if there is a cable that works to connect these two for machine control. My goal is to be able start stop Ki Pro recording from the camera so as to minimize confusion on the set.
Or am I overlooking some obvious answer? Just not sure.

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core Xeon
8Gg RAM
KONA 3
OS 10.6.8

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Compatibility with Sony F5
on Mar 12, 2014 at 1:43:25 am

The Sony PMW-F3, the Sony PMW-F5 and the Sony PMW-F55 should all share the same start/stop trigger in their SDI ancillary data. Therefore, you might consider using the CONFIG 13.1 Camera Data menu parameter on the Ki Pro set to "Sony F3"; this setting allows the Ki Pro to respond to start/stop commands from the camera. The camera output also needs to be configured appropriately.

Alternately, but not in combination with the 13.1 Camera Data menu parameter, you could elect to use the CONFIG 8.3 Arm Recording parameter set to "TC/REC KEY"; be aware that this parameter is only useful if your camera has media in it and is operating with record run timecode. The incrementing timecode of record run is required to make this feature possible; free run timecode, because it is continuously running, does not provide start and stop values for the timecode.

If you have questions about a configuration or specific features, please don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email between 9am and 5pm PST Monday through Friday.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]