FORUMS: list search recent posts

using Kipro as playback for video roll ins?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Trowbridge
using Kipro as playback for video roll ins?
on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:54:59 pm

I've had my Kipro for a few years and love it. I've always used it to record a master ProRes of our live productions.

I now have a production that involved a need to roll in video clips. I would like to use my KiPro as a playback "deck."

When I load my clips (.mov/prores 422LT) onto the KiPro, the KiPro doesn't seem to recogize the clips so I can't play them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: using Kipro as playback for video roll ins?
on Feb 14, 2014 at 2:56:48 pm

Make sure your audio is 24bit.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:56:21 pm

The Ki Pro will only recognize appropriately encoded clips. Appropriately encoded clips must have the following properties:
• A supported codec: Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 or
Apple ProRes 422 (HQ).
• A supported frame size: 1920x1080 for 1080 HD or 1280x720 for 720 HD or 720x486 for
NTSC SD or 720x576 for PAL SD.
• A supported frame rate: 23.98, 24, 25 or 29.97 fps for 1080p material, 25 or 29.97 for
1080i material and 50 or 59.94 fps for 720p material.
• Proper interlace setting for interlaced material: for 59.94Hz regions, HD interlaced
material will be top field first and SD interlaced material will be bottom field first. For
50Hz regions, HD and SD are both top field first if interlaced.
• Proper sound settings: Format > Linear PCM, Channels > Stereo (L R) or 2 Discrete
Channels, Rate > 48.000 kHz, Sample size > 24 bits, and Little Endian.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm PST. Technical support is provided free of charge:
http://www.aja.com/en/support/contact

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

lee hunt
on Feb 26, 2014 at 10:40:22 pm

Hi,

I Have a Ki Pro Quad, and I'm having exactly the same problems. Have been in contact with AJA support, who have worked very hard in finding a solution, but it appears the Ki Pro is VERY fussy with its ProRes files. Using Final Cut Pro works every time, but we use Apple Compressor (4.1.1), we managed to get it to work for a few days, but for some reason it no longer generates ProRes files that work with the Quad !?? We've deduced that the Quad will only support ProRes files it generated, or ones that have been created using the Apple Core Media Codec ! Compressor appears to use Appple Quicktime Codec, which for some reason isn't supported by the Quad, or unknowingly unsupported.

Lee

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 1, 2014 at 3:38:01 am

You have to make sure your export settings are exactly as mentioned by AJA above.

Create a preset to make sure your settings never change.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

lee hunt
on Mar 6, 2014 at 12:43:00 pm

Have discovered that compressor generates two different files depending if sharing is enabled or not !

If you turn off "Allow other computers to process batches on my computer" under preferences, the output file created will work in the AJA Ki Pro, if you turn on this feature the created files will not work ! Also turning off "Allow Job Segmentation" in general settings for your batch will do the same (will work), and is the only way to create a working file in AJA via the command-line tool !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]