FORUMS: list search recent posts

CF card issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Friis
CF card issue
on Oct 23, 2013 at 9:38:19 pm

Did a series of QT ProRes 422 HQ files on Aja Ki Pro Mini today. Ejected the CF card, and put it in the FW800 card reader. MacBook Pro couldn't find the files. Put it back into the Aja Ki Pro Mini - after a while it said that the card needed formatting. In disc utility on my Mac I can see that the CF card now is supposed to be 33.5 mb total. Tried Data Rescue 3 no luck. Does anyone have any ideas as to solutions - some way of recovering the lost data? I noticed that one of our card readers (USB) gave me acces to the card, but it stated that there were 0 files. At the same time finder showed me app 100 free gb's on the 128 gb card, which equals what I remember (app) we recorded. Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: CF card issue
on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:16:29 am

When you encounter an issue, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email. AJA Technical Support is available free of charge between 9am and 5pm PST:
http://www.aja.com/en/support/contact

Based on what you have described, it sounds like a directory error occurred on the CompactFlash media. Perhaps you did not use the SLOT button to gracefully unmount the media before physically ejecting it from the Ki Pro Mini. If so, the CompactFlash directory may have been compromised. Typically, if the directory is compromised, it will automatically be repaired by Mac OS X when the media is first mounted by the operating system. However, in some cases the directory cannot be repaired simply by mounting the media in Mac OS X. In these cases, the directory may need more substantial repair requiring additional software tools and analysis.

The "Backup and Reformat" prompt appears on the Ki Pro Mini when compromised media is inserted. This is another clue suggesting that the media may have not been properly removed from the Ki Pro Mini or there was an issue with the FW800 CompactFlash card reader that was being used with the CompactFlash media.

Again, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support to review your situation.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: CF card issue
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:04:09 am

Errors usually occur when the media is unmounted improperly.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]