FORUMS: list search recent posts

KiPro Drive Transfer Via Slimline sata

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
billy baker
KiPro Drive Transfer Via Slimline sata
on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:20:56 pm

So i wanted to find out if anyone is actually transfer data via the slimline sata connection on the kipro drives. I dont personally have kipro's but work alot of shoots were they are used and need to copy off them on occasion. I dont do it alot so not sure if buying the dock makes sense. I have several of the slimline to usb 3.0 and slimline to esata adapters. I tried it once and it did not recognize the drive. so wondering if anyone could chime in about it. thanks

Return to posts index

billy baker
Re: KiPro Drive Transfer Via Slimline sata
on Sep 18, 2013 at 2:29:59 pm

Has no one done this?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: KiPro Drive Transfer Via Slimline sata
on Sep 23, 2013 at 5:15:06 pm

Ki Pro storage modules (KiStors) feature built-in connectors for connection to host computers. KiStors come in two varieties: one version uses a built-in FireWire 800 connection and the other version uses a built in USB 3.0 connection. Additionally, AJA offers the KiStor Dock which offers Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 connections to host computers. If you are not interested in the KiStor Dock, simply consider using the built-in connection on the KiStor.

The use of adapter cables plugged into the SATA connection of the KiStor is not supported and is strongly discouraged; some users have attempted to use inappropriate adapter cables and damaged the SATA connection, overloaded the power to the media, etc.

If you have additional questions about connecting a KiStor to a host computer, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]