FORUMS: list search recent posts

URGENT HELP! Ki Pro Premiere CC workflow

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Lord
URGENT HELP! Ki Pro Premiere CC workflow
on Aug 16, 2013 at 2:44:08 pm

I'm at a loss.

Is it true that AJA Ki Pro will only take files with either 2ch of audio or 8ch of audio? Not 4ch of audio?

I'm using Premiere CC, and I need to render out a prores422HQ quicktime file with at least 4ch of audio (stereo full mix 1&2, M&E+D on 3&4).

What settings do I need to have switched on in premiere to make this work? Currently, I'm setup to to export prores422hq, 24bit audio, 24bit picture, 4 channels (2 stereo pairs).

The resulting quicktime works fine, but the ki pro will not play it out and I cannot hear the audio when playing back off the ki pro deck.

We tested with 8channels of audio (4 stereo pairs) and it still didn't work.

Any ideas? You have no idea just how urgent it is that we solve this.

-Rich

Editor,
Caravan Media, New Zealand

System Details: MacPro (OS10.8.3) 2 x 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 24GB RAM, Radeon HD 5870 1GB

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: SURGEN HELiP! Ki Pro Premiere CC workflow
on Aug 16, 2013 at 4:42:47 pm

Has to be 8 mono and not 4 stereo pairs.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Ki Pro Premiere CC workflow
on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:00:05 pm

Whenever you need immediate assistance, please consider contacting AJA Technical Support via phone or email. Technical support is provided free of charge between 9am and 5pm PST. For information regarding contacting support, visit:
http://www.aja.com/en/support/contact/

The Ki Pro products require 48kHz, 24-bit audio for QuickTime files created externally that you wish to play back on the devices. Additionally, the files must have either 2 channels or 8 channels of audio. If you want 4 channels of audio, simply create an 8 channel file with 4 muted or null tracks in addition to the four you wish to reproduce.

In order to help clarify the creation of QuickTime files for use with Ki Pro, here are some basic guidelines:

- For applications that can export QuickTime movie files, choose the appropriate Compressor type - Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ); for screenings, using Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) for best quality would be recommended.

- Set the frame rate for the exported material to match the source material/edit/timeline: 23.98, 24, 25 or 29.97 fps for 1080p material, 25 or 29.97 for 1080i material and 50 or 59.94 fps for 720p material.

- Most QuickTime export tools will allow the user to define whether the material is interlaced or whether it is progressive. If you are in a 59.94Hz region, HD interlaced material will be top field first and SD interlaced material will be bottom field first. In a 50Hz region, HD and SD are both top field first if interlaced. If material is not interlaced, do not select any interlaced options and the material will be tagged as progressive.

- Size is determined by pre-determined standards for NTSC, PAL and HD raster sizes. Select the one that is appropriate for your material. 1920x1080 for 1080 HD or 1280x720 for 720 HD or 720x486 for NTSC SD or 720x576 for PAL SD.

- Sound Settings should be as follows:
Format: Linear PCM
Channels: Stereo (L R), 2 Discrete (or Mono) Channels or 8 Discrete (or Mono) channels
Rate: 48.000 kHz
Render Settings: Best
Linear PCM Settings, Sample size: 24 bits, Little Endian

- Remember that to be visible to the AJA Ki Pro, an Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime file needs to be placed in the Ki Pro Storage Module folder named "AJA."

Again, if you have additional questions or need immediate assistance, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Drew Holzinger
on Feb 25, 2014 at 10:21:10 pm

Has anyone been successful in this? I'm currently testing out HOW to get these settings setup in premiere CC. What would make it all easy is if someone could post a screen shot or a preset file to download.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 25, 2014 at 10:29:52 pm

The previous post inline from AJa was not enough?

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/269/2262

It covered everything you needed to know.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Drew Holzinger
on Feb 25, 2014 at 10:44:12 pm

It was very helpful, what I needed help with was the step needed to make Adobe Premiere export in these settings.

The video was easy to get to work. But I had a few test renders with no audio or all NOISE. In the audio tab of the Premiere CC export settings there is no mention of Linear PCM or Little Endian.

As you can see below these were the settings already specified by the Aja cows but I was unable to select them until I chose the 'uncompressed' codec option.

To get the audio to playback on the ki pro rack my settings were:
Audio Codec: 'uncompressed'
Channels: 'Stereo'
Sample Size: '24 bit'
Audio Track Layout: '2 Mono Tracks'
(note: This worked after I created a new sequence preset(s) that only had either 2 or 8 mono tracks to begin with.)

Thanks for your help. The AJA Cows are always helpful.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:00:16 pm

[Drew Holzinger] "The video was easy to get to work. But I had a few test renders with no audio or all NOISE. In the audio tab of the Premiere CC export settings there is no mention of Linear PCM or Little Endian. "

Drew, all encoding setting for the Creative Cloud Suite of apps is handled via Media Encoder, all of those settings are adjustable there. Then save as KiPro output or something such,

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

David Flora
on Mar 27, 2014 at 8:24:47 pm

I know this is an old post, but I too am trying to export from Premiere to an AJA KiPro. The video works great, but the audio is not working. I saw up above the audio exports for Final Cut, but Premiere and Media Encoder don't offer Linear PCM audio export. What should I do to get the audio correct?

Return to posts index

Jay Budzilowski
on Apr 9, 2014 at 7:28:16 pm

Same problem here... I cannot find an option for the audio settings provided by the AJA tech in AME

Return to posts index

David Flora
on Apr 9, 2014 at 7:38:12 pm

I figured it out a couple days ago and forgot to post. Check out these screenshots. The video Is still AppleProRes, but you have to set your audio sequence setting BEFORE you start to edit, AND export the audio as Uncrompressed. I did not know that, but Premiere, AE and, AME "Uncompressed" audio IS Linear PCM. Here are some screen shots. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]