FORUMS: list search recent posts

Female BNC plastic sleeve replacement

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eaks
Female BNC plastic sleeve replacement
on Jun 26, 2013 at 2:07:59 pm

Is it possible to replace the little plastic sleeve that surrounds the female conductor on the Ki Pro HD-SDI terminals?

I just received my second Ki Pro, bought it on eBay for a raging deal. Put it through its paces all day, it and the 256GB SSD it came with are functioning perfectly. The only thing is that both the HD-SDI in and out terminals show some wear, of course these are my mainly used video i/o ports.

The plastic sleeve is torn back and the conductor was slightly spread apart. I've experienced the "spread apart conductor" with one of my Sony NX5Us HD-SDIs in the past, these cameras don't have the plastic sleeve to keep the conductor from spreading apart, ever so lightly pushing them back together is very easy. If possible, I'd also like to add this "plastic sleeve" to my NX5Us.

While setting up for its first use, I noticed the Ki Pro was set to stop record on dropped frames, I'm guessing that the seller had a problem with the Ki Pro intermittently losing signal and it would stop recording, thus the good price. :)

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Female BNC plastic sleeve replacement
on Jun 26, 2013 at 6:17:19 pm

Feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email to see if the unit is still under warranty for service or RMA.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jun 26, 2013 at 7:22:22 pm

This is what you want:
http://www.probroadcastsupply.com/50pk-of-yellow-plastic-caps-for-bnc-male-...

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jun 26, 2013 at 10:26:38 pm

Thank you AJA, your support is unparalleled in my experience. This issue is more of my being nit picky than any real damage. I'll call or email to see what your guys say, if I feel its necessary after more research. As things are, I'm one happy camper in AJA Land.

Thanks for the suggestion Steve. Though its not what I am referring to, I will be ordering a pack of those caps. I assume that the entire terminal would need to be replaced but it doesn't hurt to ask. Here is a picture to clarify-

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jun 29, 2013 at 7:49:25 pm

In my many years of broadcast, I have never seen such damage. The whole connector would have to be replaced.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]