FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro mini to Panasonic HPX-500

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Silvey
Ki Pro mini to Panasonic HPX-500
on Feb 14, 2013 at 1:59:37 am

I'm looking for the best way to mount an AJA Ki Pro mini to the back of an Panasonic HPX-500 for handheld use. I'm looking to put it inline with my Anton Bauer gold mount gear. What gold mount plates do I need to achieve this?

Thanks

Chad

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Ki Pro mini to Panasonic HPX-500
on Feb 15, 2013 at 2:06:42 am

Based on your ENG-style Panasonic camera and your use of the Anton Bauer battery system, you might consider mounting the Ki Pro Mini like a wireless microphone behind the Anton Bauer battery. Anton Bauer makes a variety of wireless microphone mounting plates that can be used in combination with their battery plates to essentially "wrap around" the battery. You can see an example of the Anton Bauer mounting plate for this pictured on a Panasonic camera on Anton Bauer's website here:
http://antonbauer.com/Products/ABWMKKIT

These Anton Bauer plates can then be used in combination with the optional Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plate. The Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plate has slots on it that emulate a wireless microphone holder. Simply screw the appropriate screws into the Anton Bauer wireless mic plate and then you will be able to slide the Ki Pro Mini with attached Mounting Plate onto these screws. This will make it easy to mount and remove the Ki Pro Mini as desired. To power the Ki Pro Mini, you could elect to use the Anton Bauer PowerTap receptacle on your Anton Bauer battery plate and a PowerTap (P-Tap) to 4-pin XLR adapter cable, such as this one:
http://www.antonbauer.com/Products/PowerTap20XLR

If you have additional questions, feel free to work with your AJA reseller or AJA Technical Support.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]