The Ki Pro products require 48kHz 24-bit audio. If you are using Final Cut Pro 7, you can use the application to export 24-bit audio when exporting your QuickTime movies.
In order to help clarify the creation of QuickTime files for use with Ki Pro, here are some basic guidelines:
- For applications that can export QuickTime movie files (such as Final Cut Pro 7, Compressor, QuickTime 7 Pro, etc.), choose the appropriate Compressor type - Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ); for screenings, using Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) for best quality would be recommended.
- Set the frame rate for the exported material to match the source material/edit/timeline: 23.98, 24, 25 or 29.97 fps for 1080p material, 25 or 29.97 for 1080i material and 50 or 59.94 fps for 720p material.
- Most QuickTime export tools will allow the user to define whether the material is interlaced or whether it is progressive. If you are in a 59.94Hz region, HD interlaced material will be top field first and SD interlaced material will be bottom field first. In a 50Hz region, HD and SD are both top field first if interlaced. If material is not interlaced, do not select any interlaced options and the material will be tagged as progressive.
- Size is determined by pre-determined standards for NTSC, PAL and HD raster sizes. Select the one that is appropriate for your material. 1920x1080 for 1080 HD or 1280x720 for 720 HD or 720x486 for NTSC SD or 720x576 for PAL SD.
- Sound Settings should be as follows:
Format: Linear PCM
Channels: Stereo (L R) or 2 Discrete Channels (either is acceptable)
Rate: 48.000 kHz
Render Settings: Best
Linear PCM Settings, Sample size: 24 bits, Little Endian
- Remember that to be visible to the AJA Ki Pro, an Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime file needs to be placed in the Ki Pro Storage Module folder named "AJA."
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support. You may reach AJA Technical Support via phone or email between 9am and 5pm PST, Monday through Friday.
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US