FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Ki Pro iPhone remote control solution

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonardo Franke
AJA Ki Pro iPhone remote control solution
on Nov 18, 2012 at 3:18:39 am

Hey ho,
just wanted to share a nice little setting of working environment of the ki pro. I am just doing a video assist job with the machine and wanted to control it with my iphone.
Because the production didn't had an airport express to spare I tried to set up a dhcp server on my mbp (kind of an expensive router ey;-)
Then I found out the most simple workaround and you don't even need a dhcp server because you already have it in your iphone.
You just set up a mobile hotspot and connect the ki pro to it and thats it, then you can access to the ki pro with its normal ip address etc. Its a little picky if you use other apps in between...but if youre really at work you shouldn't do it anyways ;)
the only thing is, that if you don't have cellular data working the hotspot turns off, probably to save energy. thats kind of annoying since this is not always given in every location. But its still nice if you have to other things on the set too. If you keep the window open in safari (or the widget, if you dragged it to homescreen) it always refreshes itself and stays active...if you lock the screen and come back a long time later you might have to refresh it manually or even reconnect the ki pro. You do this by simply standing besides it and opening the hotspot menu in order that the ki pro sees the wifi and can access to it.

Hope to help some people here...

see you soon

Leo

Return to posts index

Ron Langevin
Re: AJA Ki Pro iPhone remote control solution
on Nov 26, 2012 at 6:39:40 pm

Hey Leo,

I've had no luck finding the app. Could you please tell me what it is exactly called?

Thanks,

Ron L

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Nov 26, 2012 at 7:31:49 pm

I don't think there's an app, you turn on hotspot in the iPhone settings. The "widget" is when you choose add to home screen from a web page.

Return to posts index

Leonardo Franke
on Nov 27, 2012 at 12:59:41 am

Exactly. It's no app. You just enable the hotspot and go the ip via safari. If you like from ios 5 on you can add the site to your homescreen. But it's not a good option I figured. Also now I figured in a distance beyond 6 meters it gets skippy...with a router it's much
better!!!

Return to posts index

dedy dedy
on Mar 7, 2013 at 6:09:25 am

how about andriod phone, can do it

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:39:49 pm

[dedy dedy] "how about andriod phone, can do it"

it's an embedded web browser. Any web device can see it via HTML