FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro Rack as play out deck

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
Ki Pro Rack as play out deck
on Nov 3, 2012 at 6:42:55 am

We are looking a reliable file, flexible and great pic quality file base play out system. I'm curious about the Ki pro Rack and have a few questions.

For film festival we receive files from all over, which means, all possible resolutions (SD and HD), CODECS (DnxHD, Prores, H264, Mpeg2..), different frame rate (25, 29.97, 23.976, 24...). For now, we use a MAcPro with Kona 3 conform everything to a common format then play out via Kona 3 by using the AJA TV. Have tried variuos play out software but i was never 100 % satisfy with its quality, reliability etc..

1- Can the Ki Pro Rack transcode from anything to Prores on the fly in real time or it has to always see Prores or DnxHD.

2- How would you deal with clients walking in 30 minutes before a projection with a file, let say, in H264 / 24p / non full raster resolution ? Can i simply transcode to prores load it into Ki and let it frame convert to 23.976 and up res to 1080 in real time ??

I love to hear more from people using the Ki Pro rack as a play out deck. What is your workflow ? thanks

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
Re: Ki Pro Rack as play out deck
on Nov 11, 2012 at 11:11:06 pm

i guess no one uses the Ki pro rack as play out.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Ki Pro Rack as play out deck
on Nov 12, 2012 at 4:38:26 am

Ki Pros and Ki Pro Racks are often used for film festivals:
http://www.aja.com/en/articles/user_stories/74/
And
http://www.aja.com/en/articles/146/

You will need to use appropriately encoded audio/video QuickTime files with the Ki Pro products. Details about formatting files for playback have been provided in this forum previously.

As a general rule, QuickTime files should have the following basic attributes:
- Name
- Media Start
- Media End
- Duration
- Reel

Additionally, the following guidelines are specific to media that is designated for use on the Ki Pro products:
- Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422 (LT) or Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) encoding is required
- full raster video (1920x1080 or 1280x720 or 720x486 or 720x576) is required
- the use of a supported frame rate (23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50 or 59.94 - with certain frame rates specific to formats; 1080p 50 and 1080p 59.94 are not supported on the Ki Pro and Ki Pro Rack for example)
- 24-bit, 48kHz dual mono or stereo channel grouped, 2 channel or 8 channel, Linear PCM audio is required
- a valid, single timecode track is required
- file names that don't contain illegal values are required; standard character and number values without any characters "out of the norm" like: !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *, (, ), -, +, _, =, etc.
- clips must be placed in the "AJA" folder on the drive; files placed in the root directory of the Ki Pro Storage Module will not appear in the list on the front panel of the device

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email for assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]