FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beta Deck to KiPro capture?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Trowbridge
Beta Deck to KiPro capture?
on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:50:33 pm

I am trying to digitize some Beta tapes. Can I use my Kipro to do a direct record? Typically I only use my Kipro when doing a live video recording.

It struck me that maybe I could go out of the Betadeck and right into the Kipro to record a Prorez transcode of the Betafootage.

Will that work and if so, what settings do I need to adjust on the KiPro?

Shane

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Beta Deck to KiPro capture?
on Aug 23, 2012 at 4:12:48 pm

It sounds like you are interested in performing a dub from your Betacam SP VTR to the Ki Pro. This should be possible if you connect the component output of the Betacam SP VTR to the Ki Pro component input and select component as the video input source in the CONFIG menu parameter of the Ki Pro. Additionally, you will want to connect the analog audio output from the Betacam SP VTR to the Ki Pro analog XLR inputs, set those inputs to line via the dip switch on the Ki Pro rear panel as well as select XLR as the audio input source in the CONFIG menu parameter of the Ki Pro. Finally, you will want to connect the LTC output of the Betacam SP VTR to the LTC input of the Ki Pro and select LTC as the TC input source in the CONFIG menu parameter of the Ki Pro.

If you need assistance configuring your Ki Pro, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]