FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need assistance changing Ki-Pro inputs

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonard Frankford
Need assistance changing Ki-Pro inputs
on Jul 27, 2012 at 7:48:06 pm

Someone at our institution has lent us an Aja Ki-Pro to record a long format program in HD through a Tricaster. The Ki-Pro is currently set to record from the HDMI input. I can't figure out how to change it. Here is what I need: SDI in/out, 720/24p, analog XLR audio line level. Thank you.

Leonard

Leonard F.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Need assistance changing Ki-Pro inputs
on Jul 27, 2012 at 11:03:37 pm

Press config, press select up/down until you get to menu item- 1.1 record type, press select up/down until it reads VFR, press select to menu item- 2.1 video input, press adjust up/down until it reads SDI, press select to get to menu item- 2.2 audio input, press adjust until it reads XLR. Check the switch on the back by the XLR i/o connections for line/mic level. Check that menu items- 1.4 & 1.5 are set to "none", Assuming that you don't want to convert the incoming signal. Press config or stop to exit the menu.

Press status to check that it sees the signal as 23.98.

I "think" that will get you to where you want to be. I am not familiar with using the VFR record type or 720 24p. I suggest doing test recordings and bringing it into your NLE and confirm that you are getting exactally what you want. Get comfortable before entering a mission critical environment.

Return to posts index

Leonard Frankford
on Jul 28, 2012 at 6:19:10 pm

Thank you. I think I tried that but I probably didn't push the buttons in the right order, or didn't hold them down. I'll check it out on Monday.

Follow-up question: I need to bring the files into Final Cut Pro 7. Does it automatcally record them as Hi-Res .mov or do I have to go into the Ki-Pro menu for that?

Leonard Frankford

Leonard F.

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Jul 29, 2012 at 10:39:19 am

It does record automatically in ProRes 422. The flavor for quality, you can choose from the menu.

Return to posts index

Gunter Hemeleers
on Jul 31, 2012 at 4:13:15 pm

there is a menu called loss of video. Put it on continue recording.
Coming out of a tricaster/switcher it is always saver you never know when there might be a glitch in the SDI signal.

there is also the option of using the web interface build into the kipro, setting up the kipro is that much easier this way. :)

Hemeleers Gunter

Mac Pro, Imac 24", Macbook Pro 15" all intel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]