FORUMS: list search recent posts

question on re-formatting.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Davenport
question on re-formatting.
on Jul 25, 2012 at 4:30:44 am

Had a possible need for extra CF cards for a 5D shoot. Tested one of my CF cards that I use for the AJA Mini in a Canon 5DMIII had to reformat in camera (Fat32) worked in 5D. Erased media, put back in Mini tried to reformat, did not work.(just keep formatting never stopping). Had to power down. Tried using "TransMac", reformatted card to HFS+, card showed properties as HFS+. Put back in Mini, still shows as un-formatted and will not format....please tell me I didn't brick my 32gig CF card,

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: question on re-formatting.
on Jul 25, 2012 at 4:53:03 am

Format in Mac first to OSX extended, then format in KiPro.

Return to posts index

Jason Davenport
on Jul 25, 2012 at 4:56:13 am

Forgot to say I'm PC Wind7
That was the option, as the format I used in TransMac "OS Extended HFS+" other option was OS Extended (old Version)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 25, 2012 at 2:58:13 pm

[Jason Davenport] "Forgot to say I'm PC Wind7"

I see. I haven't treid this from Windows. I do know that formatting in a Mac first, then formatting in the KiPro should usually get you up and running.

[Jason Davenport] "That was the option, as the format I used in TransMac "OS Extended HFS+" other option was OS Extended (old Version)"

I'm sorry I am misunderstanding, my apologies. Are you saying you tried HFS+ and not OS Extended? Or the old version of the software calls it Extended and the new version calls it HFS+?

Return to posts index

Jason Davenport
on Jul 25, 2012 at 5:23:51 pm

Talked to AJA, I just need to do it on a real mac with disk utility...Thx.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 25, 2012 at 6:43:53 pm

[Jason Davenport] "Talked to AJA, I just need to do it on a real mac with disk utility...Thx."

Glad you're up and running.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]