FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Warning, Low Battery" on AC power.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cale Riggs
"Warning, Low Battery" on AC power.
on Jun 2, 2012 at 10:33:10 pm

We are using a Ki Pro to record sermons, so it's making rather long captures. I have it plugged into the wall via the adapter that came with it, and I will occasionally get a "warning, low battery" warning and it will shut down. Then, I'll just power it back on and it'll work again indefinitely, it hasn't shut down twice in a short amount of time yet. Please someone tell me how to fix this!!! Thanks guys!!!!!

Cale
criggs@journeyon.net

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: "Warning, Low Battery" on AC power.
on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:27:40 pm

My best guess is a worn cable, frayed connection or loose plug.

The Connector side of the power coupling can break if the cable is pulled strongly, or if the cable is crushed (like closing a pelican case on the cord) or this can happen if the AC cord is not fully pluged into the transformer brick.

IF you are hard on you your gear, it will protest after awhile.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Cale Riggs
on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:49:37 pm

That's what's weird, we aren't hard on it at all, it mostly just sits on the desk with plenty of open air around it for cooling. It could very well be a power supply though, it's done this more than a few times since we got it.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jun 4, 2012 at 4:41:55 pm

Please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support if you have not already done so. They will be happy to assist you in resolving this matter. It sounds like there may be an issue with your power supply for the unit. If that is the case, they can issue an RMA and replace the suspect power supply for you. You may contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email between 9am and 5pm PST Monday through Friday.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

scott Pringle
on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:05:31 pm

I ran into the same problem this weekend. It is the power out of the wall. I switched to an outlet that had no other plugs in it and it worked fine. You need a very clean outlet and have no other devices or extension cords plugged in. Seems strange but it must be very sensitive to constant power.

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Allendes-Fernandez
on Jun 10, 2012 at 2:33:09 pm

You must test if your AJA ac adaptor is dropping out the 12v in constant and normal way. You must check you current wall outlet too (with a tester). In add, maybe your sine wave is not working properly; test your Ki Pro on another source or in other building.

I'd have the same issue when I was plugged on a generator truck with a long extension. My diagnose was current tension loose. Since I work with batteries, the issue never come back.

Same thread discussed on http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/269/1577#1577

Best Regards.

Rodrigo Allendes-Fernandez
Video Assist Operator

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]