FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set clip creation time

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Schroeder
Set clip creation time
on May 25, 2012 at 3:53:02 pm

Does anyone know how to set the clip file creation time. This is different than the internal/external TC. It appears to be the on board software clock.It would be cool if AJA would set this clock to match the TC clock so finding clips by time code time on the drive would be easier and automatic.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Set clip creation time
on May 25, 2012 at 4:21:06 pm

The Ki Pro clip creation date corresponds to the date and time settings that are set in the CONFIG menu parameters. Note that Ki Pro uses GMT (UTC) for the date and time settings. The Ki Pro can also use the time setting for the timecode value via the TC In CONFIG menu parameter when Time of Day is selected. If you have questions about configuring the Ki Pro in terms of date, time and timecode settings, please don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm PST.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 25, 2012 at 9:59:36 pm

[Roger Schroeder] "Does anyone know how to set the clip file creation time"

I find the easest way is to set the internal clock via the web browser, then use TOD timecode, that way the creation time will match the time code.

Note that the internal clock does drift, to maintain as constant timestamp as possible, I would set the time in each unit daily.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Roger Schroeder
on May 25, 2012 at 10:16:00 pm