FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac not seeing KiPro drive

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Schroeder
Mac not seeing KiPro drive
on May 24, 2012 at 10:11:56 pm

My KiPro will see the drive, record and playback clips. However neither my, or my partners MacBook Pro will see this particular drive. Both Macs will read any other of our KiPro drives, they just wont read this particular one.

We have tried to read it with "Disk Utility" and "Disk Warrior"

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Mac not seeing KiPro drive
on May 25, 2012 at 1:18:31 pm

Sounds like you may have damaged the FW port.

The KiPro uses estata to see the drive.

Have you tried to use the Web interface over Ethernet to retrive the data from the drive module while it is attached to the unit?

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Roger Schroeder
on May 25, 2012 at 2:11:53 pm

You are correct Gary, damaged firewire port. While docked the Kipro talks to the drive through the port that looks like a powered esata connector. If the firewire port fails you have to dock the drive, and activate the "host" firewire 800 port in the menus.

The connection on the drive can be fixed, but I have not explored that option yet.

Thanks Gary!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on May 25, 2012 at 4:09:20 pm

If you have experienced an issue with the FireWire 800 port on your Ki Pro Storage Module, please contact AJA Technical Support for assistance. They can arrange for an RMA of the unit if it isn't operating as expected. As noted in this thread, the data can be offloaded via the FW800 port on the back of the Ki Pro itself or via the web UI and the LAN connector on the Ki Pro. If you need assistance configuring the Ki Pro for either of these data transfer methods, AJA Technical Support will also be happy to help you with this in addition to arranging an RMA for the Storage Module.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]