Files are all in AJA folder on drive formatted in Ki Pro
Timeline in FCP 7 rendered as apple prores 422
Audio rate 48khz, 24 bit, channel grouped.
Exported as self-contained QT, keep setting the same.
Files that are recognized have reel 001 designation.
Other files that Ki Pro can see are raw Ki Pro clips unedited.
But other FCP sequences with the same settings are not even seen.
Tried factory reset of Ki Pro.
Tried a different Ki Pro Drive.
Tried loading only one of these unrecognized files into a reformatted Ki Pro drive in the AJA folder.
Still not seen.
Any other variables that would make a file invisible to KiPro?
Is it possible that only files assigned reel 001 and raw files are seen?
Shot with different cams. Different frame rates. Different pixel dimensions. But all rendered as Apple Pro Res 422 in FCP 7.
Need this for projection for film fest tomorrow.
MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.
If you have not already, please consider contacting AJA Technical Support for assistance. You may reach them via phone or email between 9am and 5pm PST. Files are exported and used on the Ki Pro products for a variety of screenings around the world.
As a general rule, QuickTime files should have the following basic attributes:
- Media Start
- Media End
Note: If you have already created a clip and it does not have these attributes, you might consider modifying the clip via the Modify option in Final Cut Pro 7; the Timecode selection allows you to modify the Reel in addition to the timecode value.
Additionally, the following guidelines are specific to media that is designated for use on the Ki Pro products:
- Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422 (LT) or Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) encoding is required
- full raster video (1920x1080 or 1280x720 or 720x486 or 720x576) is required
- the use of a supported frame rate (23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50 or 59.94 - with certain frame rates specific to formats; 1080p 50 and 1080p 59.94 is not support on the Ki Pro for example)
- 24-bit, 48kHz dual mono or stereo channel grouped, 2 channel or 8 channel, Linear PCM audio is required
- a valid, single timecode track is required
- file names that don't contain illegal values are required; standard character and number values without any characters "out of the norm" like: !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *, (, ), -, +, _, =, etc.
- clips must be placed in the "AJA" folder on the drive; files placed in the root directory of the Ki Pro Storage Module will not appear in the list on the front panel of the device
Again, if you have questions, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support. They will be happy to help.
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US