FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Ki Pro clip not finalized

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaime Bice
AJA Ki Pro clip not finalized
on May 7, 2012 at 11:49:35 pm

Last Friday I was (inadvertently) producing a 3 cam show for a church. We were recording the switched show on the AJA Ki Pro. The crew was all volunteer with little knowledge of production or the mechanics of this recording unit. When the show was over and I made it back to the control room, the Ki Pro was already powered down. I asked if they had at least hit stop before pulling the power, but apparently as soon as the show was over, for whatever reason, they switched the power strips off.
Knowing that the clips need to finalize when you hit stop, I am hoping and praying there is a way to recover the footage without corruption, and all is not lost. I say all because the entire show was only that one clip.
In hopes that there was some kind of crazy trick to it, I have not removed the hard drive from the Ki Pro yet, or even tried to power it up.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: AJA Ki Pro clip not finalized
on May 8, 2012 at 12:29:57 am

If the unit was still recording the file or the file closing was not completed when the unit was incorrectly powered down, and the file was written to the disk, but is not opening as expected when the media is connected to a computer, you may want to consult with Aeroquartet:
http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/repair

This service has recovered, to the best of AJA's knowledge, all accidental Ki Pro media mis-handlings.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Jaime Bice
on May 17, 2012 at 7:41:45 pm

Thank you for responding so quickly! I talked to my client, but they are still deciding whether the footage from the cards will be sufficient. At least they recognized it wasn't my fault :)

Return to posts index

Jaime Bice
on May 17, 2012 at 7:45:16 pm

Yes, that definitely would have helped. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]