FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja ki pro work flow

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Kalouch
aja ki pro work flow
on May 7, 2012 at 3:05:23 am

Hello everyone,

I have an editing gig this coming month that will involve AJA KI PRO. the footage will be recorded on that, and then the client needs me to get the footages on a hard drive and then edit trimmed clips; my question is

What is the work flow of Ki Pro to connect to a MACPRO? what will need ( cable connection) will it open like any other hard drive and i just copy paste from the KI PRo to the LACIE hdd ?

As i understood from the AJA website, the footage will be already in PRO RES 422 LT is that correct? so no need for rendering and whatnot ?

Thanks !

Return to posts index

James Parker
Re: aja ki pro work flow
on May 7, 2012 at 5:02:27 am

Firewire 800 and you are correct. It works like any other hard drive.

Return to posts index

Joseph Kalouch
on May 7, 2012 at 5:27:24 am

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on May 7, 2012 at 1:43:46 pm

Just make sure you test it out before the shoot. You need to learn the interface and set the Ki Pro to the right settings. Any problems call KiPro support and they will help you through it. Incredibly simple work flow.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]