FORUMS: list search recent posts

my Aja ki pros are stopping recording

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Qualls
my Aja ki pros are stopping recording
on Apr 28, 2012 at 4:22:40 am

Very concerned. Read some posts in here and wanted to share my experiences. I own two ki pros. one has 2.0 firmware and the other the new 3.0 update.
on two separate occasions today in two different live to television and web environments each one of them stopped recording and there was no change in input signal at all. these are major network productions and we are recording 1080 and input is 1080.
The units have been solid for me until today. not sure why they stopped. I had my eye on the new rack mount units after NAB but now I am not so sure.
Concerned....
David
President
RMD MOBILE HD
quallsie@gmail.com

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: my Aja ki pros are stopping recording
on Apr 28, 2012 at 7:11:36 am

Ki Pro units were originally designed as camera recorders, not as pseudo-VTR ISO recorders. Because of this, they were designed to stop recording during a loss of video to alert the user that an issue had occurred between the camera output and the Ki Pro. Since users want to use the products as general video recorders with live feeds, switchers and other sources which may have signal disruptions, AJA added a Loss of Video feature to the product beginning with version 3.0 firmware. By default, this CONFIG menu parameter is set to the original behavior of the device, to stop recording when a loss of video is encountered. But the parameter allows the user to select continue recording during a loss of video. For live situations, with potentially inconsistent signals, where the Ki Pros are being used as a general video recorder, the Loss of Video CONFIG menu parameter should probably be set to CONT Rec for the reasons noted. You can learn more about the Loss of Video feature in the Ki Pro operation manual, page 64:
http://www.aja.com/pdf/AJA_Ki_Pro_Guide_3.0.pdf

If you have additional questions about Ki Pro operation or features, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm PST.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

David Qualls
Re: my Aja ki pros are stopping recording
on Apr 28, 2012 at 6:51:36 pm

thank you. we have firmware updated everything now and set all to continue recording mode. will report back with any further issues. thanks again.
David
RMD MOBILE HD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]