FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro as a sound recorder?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mallidis
Ki Pro as a sound recorder?
on Jun 13, 2014 at 10:13:26 am

Hi everybody.
A year ago or more, I found online a tip on how to trick the AJA Ki Pro Mini to record sound only from a microphone connected to the XLR inputs WITHOUT a camera connected to it.
I have used the Ki as a sound recorder and worked fine!
Does someone knows how? I have spent hours to find again that post with the trick but had no luck :-(
Thanks,
John Mallidis

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Ki Pro as a sound recorder?
on Jun 16, 2014 at 8:44:56 pm

you used to need video of some kind to go with the audio, however I would suspect that absent video you would just get a blue screen. On the PIX240, which is similar to the KiPro, if you remove a video signal while recording, you get a blue screen on playback but the recording continues without incident. Worth a try PRIOR to your shoot of course.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

John Mallidis
on Jun 17, 2014 at 6:03:33 am

Hi Mike, thanks for your answer.
The AJA Ki Pro Mini does not record unless it recognizes signal coming from SDI or HDMI input. There is a way to trick it - to fool the system and start recording only audio coming from XLR inputs. It is doable with a set of adjustments. I have tried for hours but can not remember the right combination! Urghhhh....
I should have kept a note when I had found that post!
Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

jeff cronenberg
on Jun 17, 2014 at 11:05:15 am

Try turning on the Video SG (item number 41.2 on the config menu) I believe that will allow you to record without a camera attached. I can't be sure as I do not have one here with me, but I think that should work for you.

Return to posts index

kishan vaghela
on Jun 17, 2014 at 1:17:07 pm

We r using kipro more then year..we also use some time for record only audio..so i just ON Video SG 41.2...there is no need of any external Video Input..

Return to posts index

John Mallidis
on Jun 18, 2014 at 10:40:28 pm

The trick with VIDEO SG worked fine!

Thanks to all,
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]