FORUMS: list search recent posts

[ASK] Missing genlock on 250

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris ryan
[ASK] Missing genlock on 250
on Apr 4, 2012 at 7:49:29 am

Dear Friends,

I have a problem in recording on 250GB ajakipro. It's starts since last month, and today it's starting and getting a bit annoying.

The problem is, this 250GB suddenly stops recording every 10 minutes (last month), and today stops 3 times every 10,6,4 minutes. BUT, i tried using 500GB storage, did not happen anything.

I already call the AjaKiPro call center here in my country. He said that the 250GB harddisk stats to weaken (or i say the durability drops), Is it true?

He suggest me to upgrade the software.

All i know 250GB is strong enough for couple years to use every day. Note, i use AJAKiPro since last year.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: [ASK] Missing genlock on 250
on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:18:01 pm

[chris ryan] "The problem is, this 250GB suddenly stops recording every 10 minutes (last month), and today stops 3 times every 10,6,4 minutes. BUT, i tried using 500GB storage, did not happen anything. "

what are you recording Chris, is it from a camera or some other source?

Are you starting and stopping the camera or changing batteries?

Have you reformatted the 250G drive module?

What software version are you running on the KiPro, the current software version is 3.0

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Apr 8, 2012 at 6:02:55 pm

I had the same issue.
The harddrive just went bad.

Return to posts index

chris ryan
on Apr 10, 2012 at 1:14:00 am

the camera is Sony HD Video Camera PMW - 10 MD. A special camera for surgery. I work in eye surgery. So this camera installed in the microscope surgery. The source power is electricity.

Yes, i always formatted the 250gb drive. Just now seems a bit weird. But the 500GB seems fine. It's seems that the version is below 3.0. Cause the office bought around end of 2010.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]