FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is a Ki-Pro the right choice for my project?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Benson
Is a Ki-Pro the right choice for my project?
on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:15:12 pm

Hey all. Want to start this out by saying I am NOT a video guy. My background is IT, corporate Audio/Visual and audio editing (logic).

I own and operate a corporate a/v rental and staging company. One of my clients came to me and has a conference with the following requirement.

He would like to capture all of the powerpoints as the presenter is presenting them, and instead of using a laser pointer, he wants his presenters to use a mouse. Final result would be a video of each presentation (there are about 30 of them) to upload to YouTube/Vimeo/their own website.

I first thought screen capture software. But that would require all presentations to be shown off one laptop. Problem is that if a presenter would like to use their own computer (like a Mac) they couldn't.

So my second thought was to use a switcher/scaler/scan converter (I.e. barco hd image pro sdi). To feed a Ki-Pro. That way I could have multiple sources/laptops feed my projector and feed the Ki-pro for recording. Ideally would at least be able to make separate video files on the fly for each presentation (I assume the Ki-Pro would allow this by a simple stop/start?).

I will probably end up using a subcontractor to do slight edits and encode the final product. Even though it is tempting to do it myself, as I have a 3 month old MacBook Pro all decked out :) But my customers come before my profit margin. So who knows.

Last bit is that I don't own a Ki-Pro but we are getting more and more requests like this. So the purchase of some solution is imminent. And honestly money is not really an object.

Ease of use, and reliability are the most important things to me. I need to be able to train my employees how to use the equipment.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]