FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync 2 Sony Ex3 cameras recording on Aja Ki pro mini

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nuno Bernardo
Sync 2 Sony Ex3 cameras recording on Aja Ki pro mini
on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:14:21 pm

Dear Sirs,

We rented 2 aja mini ki pro + 2 aja mini ki pro from a local rent house, but we are having issues how two sync both cameras and two sync the time code of the 2 ki pro mini so both cameras are in sync and still use rec trigger (one is recording audio out of a Sound Devices). Does anybody used this workflow and has advice on how to set up the equipment, ie how to sync both camera recording devices.

Second, we will record audio in camera A. What is best? Feed the audio devices mixer out in the camera or directly on the Aja Ki pro mini. If so is there any audio / video delay?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nuno

Return to posts index

Steve Cocklin
Re: Sync 2 Sony Ex3 cameras recording on Aja Ki pro mini
on Feb 20, 2012 at 7:53:49 pm

I've sync an F3 with an EX3, need to gen-lock the two cameras and run time-code in from the other cameras TC out. You need to run free run timecode on both cameras which means you need to start and stop the Minis manually. I'm not sure if the EX3 has ancillary data out via SDI, However if it does and you have the KPM 3.0 update you might be able to use ancillary camera data to start/stop the minis, I've been able to run free run on the camera and start/stop the camera (F3) using ancillary data from the camera to the Ki Pro which starts and stops, free run time-code from the camera is recorded onto the Mini.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]