FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do i Gang my Ki Pros

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Wade
how do i Gang my Ki Pros
on Jan 21, 2012 at 4:52:11 pm

i have 12 Ki Pors running 2.0.0.125 software software and I want to gang record using 1 kipro as a master. The problem is how to select a machine as the master and the others as slaves. In the manual it shows a "Gang" and "Master" option in the config menu, but it appears as if this was only available in 2.0.0.99. Is the Gang record still an option? If so i would be most grateful if you could advise me how to do it.
thanks Phil

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: how do i Gang my Ki Pros
on Jan 21, 2012 at 11:52:32 pm

Gang recording is covered in the version 2.0 manual for Ki Pro. Gang recording requires the use of the web UI; it cannot be initiated from the front panel UI.

Here are some helpful hints:
1. Use a dedicated LAN switch. Since you have 12 devices, a 16 port switch would be recommended.
2. Be sure that the 802.11 wireless capability is disabled on all Ki Pro units to avoid network connection confusion.
3. On each Ki Pro, set each of the units to use a static IP address. For example, 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3, etc. It can also be helpful to give each Ki Pro unit a unique system name. For example, Ki Pro 1, Ki Pro 2, etc.
4. On your host computer, adjust the network setting manually to an address and subnet mask appropriate to communicate with the devices. For example, 192.168.0.1 with subnet 255.255.255.0 - you can configure this easily via Mac OS System Preferences>Network choosing to configure manually.
5. Open a web browser such as Safari or Firefox and type in the IP address of the Ki Pro you'd like to use as the master. For example, 192.168.0.2.
6. When the web UI for the Ki Pro appears, navigate to the Transport page. Below the transport buttons, you will see a button for showing the gang view. Click on this.
7. If all of your Ki Pros are seen on the network, you should see them appear in the list. If units are missing, consider using the refresh for available devices and/or hiding and then showing the gang view again. Sometimes networks can have "slow" members, thus requiring this effort. Using static IP addresses (compared to DHCP) and a closed network is advisable.
8. If you see all of the devices listed (Ki Pro 1, Ki Pro 2, etc), add them to the gang via the gang checkboxes in the UI and be sure to promote the unit you are currently communicating with to the master role.

For more detailed operational considerations, it is worth consulting the operation manual. You can also feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email, Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm PST if you need additional assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Phil Wade
on Jan 22, 2012 at 9:07:57 am

Thank you so much for your incredibly detailed answer to my problem. Just one more question if i may. When ganging the Ki Pro units together you say " be sure to promote the unit you are currently communicating with the master" How do you do this? many thanks Phil.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jan 22, 2012 at 7:43:07 pm

To promote a Ki Pro to the master role, simply select "Master" from the radio buttons in the gang view UI. Note: only one unit can be promoted to the master role. You will know if the unit you are addressing is the master because red text stating "Master" will appear in the UI above the gang selections and below the transport buttons.

Again, if you have additional operational questions, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support for assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Phil Wade
on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:56:06 pm

Thanks for your help. It turned out that the problem was using MS Explorer to access the UI and it would not let the radio button be clicked! So a quick download of Safari and all is well.

Great support! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]