FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt File Still Plays on the Ki-Pro

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Pullen
Corrupt File Still Plays on the Ki-Pro
on Jan 16, 2012 at 4:25:17 pm

So I have a single file recorded on my Ki-Pro drive that keeps coming up corrupt on my PC. The weird thing is that I can still play the file on the Ki-Pro. I am assuming this is a case of not ejecting the drive properly (We manage to corrupt files about half the time thanks to the goofy slot/eject buttons) Are there any PC based programs that can fix this corrupt Mac File? If I find someone with a Mac, can anyone suggest a Mac program that may be able to correct this?

Thanks,

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Corrupt File Still Plays on the Ki-Pro
on Jan 16, 2012 at 5:50:33 pm

So I have a single file recorded on my Ki-Pro drive that keeps coming up corrupt on my PC. The weird thing is that I can still play the file on the Ki-Pro.

My guess is the file is over the 4Gb size Limit found on most Pc's

Or you are not running the proper version of QT for Windows.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jan 16, 2012 at 6:03:40 pm

Gary, thanks so much for jumping in to help. I actually have several longer (larger) files from the Ki Pro recorded in the last month that play and edit fine in Premiere on my PC. I also have QT Pro and the ProRes plug-in. I'm quite certain it's the actual file itself.

Chuck

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jan 17, 2012 at 12:12:03 am

Chuck,

Have you called Aja Tech Support?.

I am usually the opposite, looking for a real windows machine to test something on, rather than via mac or in a virtual desktop.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jan 18, 2012 at 3:46:43 pm

I decided to try dumping this to a DVCAM tape, then right back onto the Ki-Pro, creating a similar file to see what would happen. I will find out later today if the second file is useable.

Question for the two of you. When I hit stop on the Ki-Pro, the closing file screen popped up, and the progress bar only went about halfway before it disappeared. Is this normal, or does it usually go all of the way across the screen when you are closing the file? I am wondering if I am having an issue with the hard drive itself?

[gary adcock] "I am usually the opposite, looking for a real windows machine to test something on, rather than via mac or in a virtual desktop."

I think I am just a few blocks away from you if you ever need a Windows machine Gary, I have plenty of them!

Chuck

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 18, 2012 at 3:53:46 pm

[Chuck Pullen] "Question for the two of you. When I hit stop on the Ki-Pro, the closing file screen popped up, and the progress bar only went about halfway before it disappeared. Is this normal, or does it usually go all of the way across the screen when you are closing the file? I am wondering if I am having an issue with the hard drive itself?"

I think that's OK. Is the file OK? Have you reformatted the drive using the KiPro lately? What the run time of the file?

[Chuck Pullen] "I think I am just a few blocks away from you if you ever need a Windows machine Gary, I have plenty of them!"

If you're a few blocks from Gary, then I am a few more from you!

;)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:56:49 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I think that's OK. Is the file OK? Have you reformatted the drive using the KiPro lately? What the run time of the file?"

The new file I dubbed from a DVCAM tape worked fine. It only had a 1 hour runtime, I recently shot a project with 2 hour files no problem. I also used MACdrive to format the drive once I was finished, hopefully it was just a fluke.

[Jeremy Garchow] "If you're a few blocks from Gary, then I am a few more from you!"

You’re right, we’re practically neighbors… It’s good to know I have two Ki-Pro gurus nearby!

Chuck

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 19, 2012 at 4:23:21 pm

[Chuck Pullen] " I also used MACdrive to format the drive once I was finished, hopefully it was just a fluke."

I would format the drive in the KiPro once you are done transferring. It's the best way to ensure you have a "good seal".

[Chuck Pullen] "You’re right, we’re practically neighbors… It’s good to know I have two Ki-Pro gurus nearby!"

Likewise, it's good to know a Windows guru. I am extremely Windows naive (read: adverse). I know, it's a character flaw.

By the way, the Aero Quartet guys have a new alpha program called "WebTreasured" which is good for windows folks: http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/windows

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jan 19, 2012 at 4:41:32 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I would format the drive in the KiPro once you are done transferring. It's the best way to ensure you have a "good seal"."

I will certainly do that before my next recording.

[Jeremy Garchow] "Likewise, it's good to know a Windows guru. I am extremely Windows naive (read: adverse). I know, it's a character flaw."

I understand your being adverse to Windows. I am a huge fan of the PC concept for the simple fact that I am able to tinker with my rig, and am able to update my system whenever I feel like it by swapping out a board or processor when I have some spare cash. That being said, I also have to use a combination of Vegas, Adobe Production Suite, and a host of third party plug-ins to do what you can do with Final Cut Pro. With the introduction of the Ki-Pro and streaming into my workflow, a Mac is almost a necessity, something I am currently mulling over.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 17, 2012 at 2:46:21 am

[Chuck Pullen] "If I find someone with a Mac, can anyone suggest a Mac program that may be able to correct this?"

Not sure about the windows side of things, but this has come in handy:

http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/repair

They have windows service as well, it's just not as easy as it is on a Mac.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]