FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode in/out device

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Culpepper
timecode in/out device
on Jan 13, 2012 at 1:35:23 am

I'm working on a show that get's pulled down from sat live, paper cut on the fly, edited and fed back to network within a few hours. The show has always been SD but this year goes HD. The workflow I've created is the main record happens on Ki-Pro with backup on DVCPRO HD TAPE via an AJ400 deck. Here's my question.

In past years the producer who paper cuts the feed coming down has always been in front of a beta deck and could use the in, out, and trim buttons to make fast paced decisions on when to get out of a segment. By hitting IN the producer can freeze that time code and have a chance to write it down accurately. Now that we're HD and don't have a beta deck the producer is missing the in/out buttons from the beta deck. The 1400 deck doesn't have that option and obviously a kipro doesn't either. Is there a device that could be synced and offer that function. Anyone have any other ideas for me?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: timecode in/out device
on Jan 13, 2012 at 9:51:03 pm

I'd get some sort of logger.

You can use a lot of different things for it, like an NLE, or something like CatDV, or HD Log.

You'd need a computer and either a capture device with rs422, or some sort of serial to usb converter to steal tc from the deck/kipro, but maybe you'd be able to use firewire, but I doubt it.

That way you can mark in/out and take notes. Then if you get the right product (check out HD Log), you can reconnect to the media once it's all recorded via XML or EDL that has been exported from the software.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]