Does anyone know what would cause a standard KiPro (running firmware version 2.0), with both a 250GB and a 500GB Drive to not recognize either of the drives when they are mounted? It has happened twice now in the last 2 weeks. The first time I was able to reformat the hard drives and got them to record normally. Today they reformatted (or at least said they were reformatting) but would not record, and said Reel N/A for both drives. We tried all the normal power cycling, propper use of the slot button, booting up without the drive, and then mounting the drive after startup, and nothing worked.
I talked to two of them today, and they were very helpfull. It turns out we had the Component Output set to Betacam instead of SMPTE. for some reason this was causing the machine not to be able to record.
I'm still a bit confused because they have been set that way since we got them a year ago. One machine had the problem initially yesterday, but at one point we had three of them in one room, that wouldn't record...
I'm also a bit fuzzy about how an output setting, that we're not even using, could prevent a recording from happening.
Now if we could convince them to add the ability to record past a loss of source video, for a short time, and if the signal does not return in 30 seconds or a minute then stop the recording.