FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ideal KiPro setup for continuous 12-hour shot: Which camera and codec?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Maser
Ideal KiPro setup for continuous 12-hour shot: Which camera and codec?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:09:33 pm

Hey Folks,
I'm setting up to do a shoot that requires a 12-hour continuous, unmanned shot in a remote location. The window of action is only about 2 hours, but since there's explosive placement involved I have to be clear of the area well in advance per safety regulations. Camera-wise, I have a EX1 and FS100 at my disposal. I'm trying to figure out which camera is going to be the better option, and am leaning towards the EX with safer HDSDI given that the camera is going to be unattended for a long time. Also trying to decide on a codec.

To stay within the 500 GB disk space, I could either do:
1080 60 ProRes (proxy)
720 30 ProRes

Any thoughts on which way to go? I'll be editing in 1080 myself, news outlets will be using the shot and I want to maximize the potential stock value. Which format is going to maximize flexibility of use?

Thanks!

Andy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Ideal KiPro setup for continuous 12-hour shot: Which camera and codec?
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:52:31 pm

Silly question, but how far away will you be? Could you run enough cable extension (via fibre or similar) to operate the KiPro remotely? How about an ethernet/wireless "network"? Can you set one up so you will be in range to trigger the KiPro? You don't need access to the internet, just the gear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]