FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thanks Everyone Here's a follow-up

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Thanks Everyone Here's a follow-up
on Sep 15, 2011 at 12:42:59 am

First thanks for your help on the post below. I have another question.

The client edits on Avid, and my understanding is that the Ki Pro saves all footage as Apple Pro Res. What will he need to do to edit this footage on Avid? It's easy on FCP.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Thanks Everyone Here's a follow-up
on Sep 15, 2011 at 1:42:47 am

What version of Avid and Mac or PC?

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Jeremy
on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:58:27 pm

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for your help He's on a PC. I gave him a Pro Res file and that worked fine for him on his Avid.
Now my only question is, how can I save these files from the Ki Pro using my Macbook Pro on a drive for him to use? I'm saving them to WD passport drives. But if I format these drives as Mac OS extended, will his PC see the drive? I'm not used to dealing with anyone using PCs. Do you know of a good solution here?

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Jeremy
on Sep 16, 2011 at 4:02:02 pm

[Greg Ball] "But if I format these drives as Mac OS extended, will his PC see the drive? I'm not used to dealing with anyone using PCs. Do you know of a good solution here?"

No, he won't be able to see it. There's two ways, you get a program that can read/write to NTFS formatted drives, or he gets a program that will read/write to OS Extended drives.

In my experience him getting them program (called MacDrive) is a better fit. This means that he has to install it. Some people are weird about installing things on their computers.

If he goes for it, I'd recommend installing MacDrive on his PC.

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Jeremy
on Sep 16, 2011 at 9:58:25 pm

Thanks so much Jeremy. It looks like that software solution will work for our client..

Have a great weekend.

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
Re: Thanks Everyone Here's a follow-up
on Sep 15, 2011 at 2:55:00 am

Avid MC version 5.0 and up can use what is called AMA to link directly to ProRes and just edit (maybe earlier versions - this is a good starting point). Now, how smoothly this works depends on CPU, GPU and disc speed. But the ProRes can be transcoded to a native Avid format as well after doing the AMA link (and weeding out the footage as well).

Jef

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]