FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit to Tape

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Sutcliffe
Edit to Tape
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:30:35 am

Hi all,

Just received our Ki Pro. I need to get setup using FCP Edit to Tape to lay off shows to the KP with Timecode.

Our previous workflow was to black and code, lay off to Digibeta with assemble edit so that the shows start at 1.00.00.00. FCP would lay down the bars, slate and countdown. I now want to use the Ki Pro in the same way so I can lay off to HDCAM.

I've successfully got the Ki Pro to record. I enter my start TC, and do an assemble edit. The KiPro displays the correct TC, 00.58.30.00 and acts like its doing pre-roll it then starts recording and the TC goes to 00.00.00.00.

Can anyone talk me through setting up and laying off through RS422?

Thanks in advance.

Richard Sutcliffe
Kinetic Media
Queenstown, NZ

Richard Sutcliffe
Kinetic Media
Christchurch, NZ

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Edit to Tape
on Jul 12, 2011 at 3:20:47 pm

What format and what firmware on the Ki?

No reason to black and code, just set the start point in FCP and the Ki will steal the tc and start prerolling 3 seconds or whatever you have it set to) before beginning at an hour.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Richard Sutcliffe
on Jul 12, 2011 at 10:47:31 pm

Thanks Jeremy,

Recording ProRes 422 on the KiPro, testing with a DVCPROHD 50p edit.

Firmware is 2.0.0.??? (dont have it in front of me)

So it should work just fine to enter a TC in the edit to tape window and set that as my in point for the assemble edit?

I must be have something wrong if the TC is resetting to 0.0.0.0

Will continue testing, if you've got any more insight I thnak you in advance

Richard Sutcliffe

Kinetic Media
Queenstown, NZ

Richard Sutcliffe
Kinetic Media
Christchurch, NZ

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 12, 2011 at 11:07:25 pm

[Richard Sutcliffe] "So it should work just fine to enter a TC in the edit to tape window and set that as my in point for the assemble edit?"

Set the tc in point in the ETT window. Drag the sequence from the browser on to the ETT window and place it on the Assemble overlay window.

*Your ki pro must be in remote mode and tc set to rs422.*

The ki will think for a few seconds, backup to 3 seconds before your inpoint and record. Once the file is done recording, it will have no preroll, just a file that starts at the in point you typed in the ETT window.

Make sense?

It's like mastering to tape, but no need for black and code. Just type in the in point to ETT and away you go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]