FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA ki pro Deleting files and Record stopping

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Lesko
AJA ki pro Deleting files and Record stopping
on Jun 10, 2011 at 7:28:03 pm

First, let me start off by saying I have been a big fan of the Aja Ki pro. I currently own 2 ki pros and 1 ki pro mini.

Recently I have seen these systems have 2 very disconcerning issues.

1. In the new firmware update AJA has added a "custom clip" and "custom take" feature with the ability turn turn each one "on" or "off"

If you use the custom clip feature and turn the custom take "off" guess what happens? Well if you press record twice it actually will over write the first file with no warning what so ever. We use the devices to record program records and multiple camera iso in an live event setting. We have lost portions of our programs, not knowing about this new issuse.

I would like to ask AJA:

1. Why is this even an option? In the standard naming option there is no option to turn the take feature off.

2. Do you plan to address this issue in a future firmware update.

The second issue we have experienced with this product is the fact that the recorder will actually stop recording if there is a frame dropped in the signal comming to the feed. In the enviorment I use these recorders we have a Grass Vallley Turbo II operator who is also monitoring multiple camera ISO's and program records. He does monitor the output, but the ki's are rackmounted and he can't always see that the record button is red.

The frame drops we are experiencing are minimal and don't occur that often. If we could just tell the unit to "ignore dropped frames" as you can in the log and capture of final cut, we could avoid having our recorders stop with out warning. The only time this really happens is when video is played back thru playback pro and the dvi output is converted to hd-sdi thru a mini converter or if there is a brief interupiton in the feed.

I really love the Ki Pro and it seems like these issuse could be easily fixed with some simple changes in the next firmware update.

AJA, I see you are frequently on these forums. I have emailed recently and haven't recieved a response.

Have any other users experienced similar issues?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]