FORUMS: list search recent posts

genlock during record on Ki Pro

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chuck Weiss
genlock during record on Ki Pro
on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:24:43 pm

I'm curious if it's best to have Genlock lock to INPUT when using a Ki Pro (v.2 software) in record mode as opposed to feeding Genlock into the CMP Y input. It seems that one of my seven Ki Pro machines keeps popping out of record with a flashing GENLOCK MISSING about every ten minutes when in CMP Y mode but not in INPUT mode. Is one method of locking a signal during record better than another?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: genlock during record on Ki Pro
on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:57:55 pm

The genlock setting on the Ki Pro is intended for playback; you can read about this in the Ki Pro manual. During recording, the device is designed to lock to incoming video. For recording, leaving the Ki Pro in the default genlock setting of "freerun" would be recommended.

If you have operational questions, please don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support for assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

chuck Weiss
Re: genlock during record on Ki Pro
on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:05:37 pm

Thank you for the fast response, I'll leave genlock in the FREERUN setting for this week's recordings. Our EIC on show site insists the Ki Pro machines should be in the CMP Y setting for recordings, despite what the Ki Pro manual says, so this is good ammunition to set genlock correctly during record. Thanks again.
(recording 720p SDI, external time code, Ki Pro software version 2.0.0.125)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]