FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro Mini HDMI Out Issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Federer
Ki Pro Mini HDMI Out Issue
on May 13, 2011 at 7:38:26 pm

Hi, I am having an issue connecting a monitor to my Ki Pro Mini and am hoping someone here can help. I am feeding a signal to the Mini via HDMI with no issues, but I can't seem to get an HDMI signal fed to my Panasonic BT-LH1710 monitor. I am using the HDMI out from the Mini and running to the DVI in on the Panasonic monitor. The cable I am using is HDMI to DVI cable. When I am plugged in this way (from camera to Mini to Monitor) I get a black screen on the monitor with text that says "Unsupport signal." This seems strange as when I connect the camera straight to the monitor, I can view the camera feed just fine. I only seem to get this issue when looping through the Mini. Unfortunately, I do not have any BNC or SDI cables to test whether I can get a signal from the SDI out on the Mini. Also, my camera has no SDI out.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom that anyone can pass along to me?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Ki Pro Mini HDMI Out Issue
on May 13, 2011 at 8:41:46 pm

Your monitor may not support the type of HDMI signal that is being produced by the Ki Pro since the monitor is expecting DVI, not HDMI (and thus the reason you need to use the HDMI to DVI cable as you noted to connect to the monitor). This would really depend on the monitor, as AJA has used HDMI to DVI cables to connect to some monitors successfully.

Connecting to the monitor via the SDI output would seem to be the easiest signal routing solution; you note that you don't have such a cable, but it would probably be best to seek one out.

It should not matter if your camera does not have SDI output; the Ki Pro Mini can accept an HDMI input and output SDI and HDMI signals at the same time.

If you need additional assistance, feel free to contact AJA Technical Support for assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]