I have the ki pro plugged into an apple airport extreme through cat 5. My mac pro is connected through wireless. I've downloaded the firmware update zip and unzipped it. I've changed the ip config to DHCP. I've written down the IP number in menu 50.2.
Directions in manual talk about update firmware link. Can't find that.
OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz
; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.
You may find the following steps helpful when updating the Ki Pro:
1) Launch "System Preferences" on your Mac Pro. Open "Network."
2) For "Configure iPv4" set to "Manually."
3) For "IP Address," enter "192.168.0.1"
4) For "Subnet Mask," enter "255.255.255.0"
5) Choose "Apply" in the lower right hand corner of the "Network" window.
6) On the Ki Pro, enter the CONFIG menu parameters and navigate to "IP CONFIG"
7) For "IP CONFIG," select "STATIC ADDR"
8) Next, go to "IP ADDRESS" and for "IP ADDRESS," set the IP address to "192.168.0.2" (if it is not already defaulting to this address)
9) Next, go to "SUBNET MASK" and set this to "255.255.255.0" (if it is not already defaulting to this subnet mask)
10) Connect an ethernet cable between the Mac Pro ethernet port you configured for the manual IP address and the Ki Pro.
11) Launch a web browser, such as Safari or Firefox.
12) In the address bar, type in "192.168.0.2"
13) If you have configured things correctly, you will see the AJA Ki Pro web UI appear.
14) On the left hand side of the UI, you should see the "Update Firmware" selection.
15) Select "Update Firmware" and use the "Choose File" button in the UI to navigate to the location where the Ki Pro .bin file is located. Select "Upload" after you have selected the .bin file.
16) Follow the remaining instructions as they are presented.
17) The Ki Pro should re-boot at the end of the process with the new firmware.
If you have any difficulty with this process or need additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email.
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US