FORUMS: list search recent posts

KiPro Mini TC Out

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gerard
KiPro Mini TC Out
on Mar 30, 2011 at 6:08:38 pm

Anyone know if the Mini can output character out for TC to a monitor? We are using it on the back of our AF100 rig, and since we can't have the OSD on the camera output via SDI to the Mini, can the mini generate its own OSD with TC?

Cheers!

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: KiPro Mini TC Out
on Mar 30, 2011 at 7:53:52 pm

Only ltc in port on the Mini. no ltc out. And there isn't OSD on any KiPro that I am aware of.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
on May 18, 2011 at 2:36:46 pm

Figured out a way to get the PA timecode, grabbed an old mac laptop, and hooked ethernet into the kipromini. It has a transport screen that shows TC, clip name and reel name. So that worked. one more cable dangling from the jib, but it worked. My only beef is that the TC goes to zeros when the camera isn't recording, and the clip name doesn't update until it starts recording. I wish the TC would freeze on the kipro when the cam stops recording, but on the web interface and on the screen on the unit it reverts to zeros when the kipro isn't recording. Understood that it is because TC is not being output form the cam via SDI when it is paused.

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 18, 2011 at 2:51:39 pm

[Matt Gerard] "My only beef is that the TC goes to zeros when the camera isn't recording, and the clip name doesn't update until it starts recording."

This is true of the tc, but you can click on the "media" tab to see the name of incoming clip, or click on the "clips" tab to see the current list of clips.

I would imagine the tc goes to zero as this is a visual cue that the ki is not recording, or that you aren't paused on a current clip when playing back.

I wish the GUI could be displayed in the ki itself. :)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]