FORUMS: list search recent posts

KiPro loose all the files

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonardo De Mai
KiPro loose all the files
on Mar 29, 2011 at 6:58:14 am

Hello, anyone know that problem ?
I have KiPro with 500GB HD, I produce all the week with the same system, without any problems, today after my last production, I connect the HD to my MBP and I produce some different clips, after that, I disconnect and I give the HD to one of my crew for cut some other clips, but the HD was unreadable, I put the HD in to KiPro, but looks like if the HD was full, and not usable, so KiPro show me to format the HD, but I use only more than 50% and of course I don't want to loose 10 days of productions.
Anyone know how to solve this problem without loose the files realized ?

Thank you

Leonardo

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: KiPro loose all the files
on Mar 29, 2011 at 1:28:20 pm

[Leonardo De Mai] "Anyone know how to solve this problem without loose the files realized ?"

I am NOT going to say anything about how having all of your footage backed up multiple time or why you should not be using the capture drives to edit your media from.

Most likely there is something that has been added to the file structure on the drive that does not allow the KiPro to function properly.

Have you tried attaching the drive module to your computer via FW then booting your CPU up? if the drive mounts - remove all of the media from the drive and reformat the drive module immediately.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Mar 29, 2011 at 6:34:19 pm

What also could have happened when unplugging from the MBP, is that is was not unmounted properly with the 'eject'. Then the AJA will not recognize the drive.
If that happened, plugging it back to the MBP, and unmounting again should fix it.
First thing I would do is go to Disk Utility, and check the harddrive.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Mar 29, 2011 at 7:00:45 pm

It's quite possible that the Storage Module was simply removed improperly either from the host computer or from the Ki Pro at some point. If removed improperly from the Ki Pro, mounting the Storage Module on Mac OS X will usually repair the directory error that may have been created by the improper removal of the media.

If you cannot mount the media on Mac OS X, you may need to consider a media recovery service such as the one provided by Aeroquartet:
http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/repair.html

You can also contact AJA Technical Support if you need further assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Marc Colemont
on Mar 30, 2011 at 7:46:20 am

Will the KiPro /Mini be able at some point to do the same as the MacBook does automatically to fix, when the disk / flash was unmounted properly?
I had ones a customer not following the procedure, causing me to drive up to the client to fix it for him. Simply by plugging it through FireWire to my MBP.

Return to posts index

Leonardo De Mai
on Mar 30, 2011 at 7:58:31 am

OK thank you for your answer, so my impression is one of my crew put outside the folder some files inside to aja folder, and after this loose all the other files, looks like him do it something strange or maybe the cable was not connect perfectly.
Anyway the HD is not visible trough MBP and if i put on the KiPro immediately ask to format.
i have try to repair the HD trough Apple Disc Utility but is not possible to repair anything, the HD is visible only inside Apple Utility Disk.
Anyway i will try your suggestions and we will see.

Thank you

Leonardo De Mai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]